Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Early Music Lessons Have Longtime Benefits


Do you agree?

I believe so. I started off my little girl with classical music when she was still in my stomach. I teach her how to sing nursery rhythms ever since she is born. She picks up the songs very well. I sent her to weekends musical playgroup when she was two, for getting closer to group of her age. A very fun spend-time, with pretty good props, and musical instruments for this age of children. However, we stopped after a few lessons, after some consideration - the teacher wasn't too fit (she does not have the patient & passion as of a mother does) for conducting this kind of lessons. 

Yet i do strongly believe the benefits that music would bring for us, and this article giving me more confidences to start the kids at younger age. As parents, let our kids trying out different kinds of music lessons if our financial allows. We may see a different character or potential emerged from our beloved ones. Wouldn't that be a great experience?


“If you get a kid who is maybe 3 or 4 years old and you’re teaching them to attend, they’re not only working on their auditory skills but also working on their attention skills and their memory skills — which can translate into scholastic learning,”



Check out article @  The New York TImes



No comments:

Post a Comment